Mom and G-ma picked me up friday night so mom and I could go to the service on Saturday.
It was a very surreal experience.
school, home, funeral, school
Pictures of the D's dressed up and chatting with friends and family were all over the tables in the lobby. In front of them the D's were dressed up and chatting with friends and family, except Richard was only there in the pictures. Jarring.
Conrad leads a beautiful service...cathartic, loving, tragic, hopeful...
The K boys were there, which was rather wonderful, I can't remember the last time I saw Adam. His speech pattern is as infectious as always, I can tell I'm talking like him again. I suppose that's appropriate, as I am still his understudy :o)
So now I am back, reading up for my term paper, writing angsty poetry, skimming bio, avoiding spanish...just sitting outside as much as possible and taking one deep breath at a time. It seems to be working so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment