November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving #2, or, The Game


I lost the game during thanksgiving dinner, it was my uncle's fault.  After dinner we watched the wings game.  

I'd spent the entire anterior part of the day (can I use "anterior" like that?) working on my second try *grrr* at a self portrait for drawing 1 / application to the art dept.  It is disconcerting to have to stare at oneself for that long. 

Dinner was really nice, relaxed and homey. Grandma had the three of us young'ns sit at the dining table while she, my mother, and aunt B took our spots at the card table. L and C and I were shocked. I think we might *officially* be adults now. I don't know if I'm ready for this. I might have to insist on a return to card table status for Christmas dinner.  

Just before we left I realized that I should probably get fixative on my drawing before I attempt to travel with it, so we stopped at Michaels on the way home. It was discovered that, between them, my parents had three singles and a hundred dollar bill.  So there we were, in Michaels at 9 o'clock at night buying an eight dollar can of charcoal fixative with $100.  Hardly the most ridiculous situation I have found myself in, but still amusing. At least the cashier thought so.  

No comments: