February 17, 2009

my lucky day


I discovered last night that the scholarship app I'm in the middle of, due in a week, requires an official copy of my ACT scores (because I think about those soooo often these days...). There is no way I can get an official score report sent in time, but I do have a copy.
- Guess what! even though the scholarship provider usually shreds everyone's documents, they still have my official scores from last year's application. 

I currently hold the assistant position to the job I want next year.  I would very much like any chance to get to know the job, to make myself a better qualified applicant when hiring time rolls around at the end of the semester. 
- Guess what! My boss has to be out of town for the next opening, so the other assistant and I get to run it ourselves.

By the time dinner rolled around I was absolutely exhausted, and really needed another full hour to finish my philosophy homework, but I had to go to rehearsal. Did Not Want.
- Guess what! M made an (entirely understandable) mistake in the schedule - rehearsal was effectively cancelled, as I was the only actor who showed up. I sat there and finished my homework before I went to work..   

Also today: I was not forced to eat an orange, I'm getting the hang of Illustrator, there was decent lasagna for dinner, no one on the hall is terribly sick anymore, I finally heard back from the HF people re: television sets and can now turn in that application, I entirely failed to spill coffee on myself. A good day indeed.

  

No comments: