January 14, 2010

something in the air



I'm nervous, excited, and a bit off center.
Is it love?
No, it's just the first week of the semester.
(so yes, actually, it is love)

So, in the spirit of the New Year, my predictions:

Non-Western Art
- I am auditing this class, and we played with stamps the first day. The readings and class time should be interesting, and I am not responsible for any of the homework, so, yay!

High and Late Middle Ages
- Looooong class, but more than mildly interesting and we talked about some of this in Ren. I am feeling good so far. Assuming her gentle southern accent wafting over me for three hours doesn't put me to sleep, I think I will actually enjoy this.

Family in America
- This might be my favorite class of the semester. After we let out today I went to the library and got a dozen books (not an exaggeration) so clearly this is an inspirational class. I think it might be a let's-reenforce-what-we-already-believe party, but I could use some of that right now (and I think I am going to write my term paper about television shtuff).

Restoration/Romantic Brit Lit.
- I am going to have to take ridiculously good reading notes for this class, and frankly I am a bit scared. The reading doesn't look too tough, but the prof. seems pretty tough (and most of the class has had an english class more recently than a year and a half ago!). I will cling to M and we will get through this as unscathed as possible. We had a quiz today (first day of class) and I couldn't for my life remember if it was Charles I or Charles II who was restored. I guessed incorrectly. Yeeesh.

Sculpture III
- more mind bending fun with clay. This is the best brain and hand exercise - painful, engaging, frustrating, and consuming. I am going to drape my figure from last semester and do a small replica.

Advanced Comp. Graph.
- I don't have this class until tonight, I have no idea. It should be fine tho :o)


No comments: