June 12, 2010

negligence? also, food


I shall mainly be posting here until the end of the summer...

I've been cooking for myself for a week now (fasting food), with mostly successful results. It never ceases to amaze me how long you can keep soup going, I ate successive generations of the same thing for three nights, and it got better each time.
Today, after sleeping in, I made tuna salad:

the measurements are all approximate, as I rarely follow a recipe (except for bread or deserts)
1/4 white spanish onion
1 7oz can of tuna, mostly drained
1/5 medium zucchini
3 or 4 leaves lettuce (I had endive)
1/4 avocado
2 slotted spoonfuls of whole wheat elbow macaroni
salt and pepper to taste
garlic

While cooking pasta, finely dice onion and zucchini, and chop lettuce into fairly fine pieces (fragments?).
Mix all ingredients, mashing in the avocado slices. Spice to taste. Refrigerate. Eat. Mmmmm.

Serves...well, 1 in my case, but as I am going to have the rest for dinner, let's say "serves 2" meaning meals, not people.

Well, back to the reading/researching.




No comments: