April 29, 2012

Nutella, Castro, and plastic spoons

I had a rather odd dream this morning, wherein an assortment of communist dictators, namely Mao, Stalin, and Castro, were being punished for their crimes by forced labor. They were issued white plastic spoons and big barrels of hazelnuts and told to mash up the hazelnuts with the spoons. The resulting mush was to be put into another container, and shipped off to the good people at Nutella. Now, this is not an easy task, as cheap plastic spoons break easily, and soon the dictators were upset. Several playground-style shoving matches broke out, and their hazelnut mashing progress was very slow. Then Stalin found a metal spoon from somewhere, the others noticed, and the fight really got started. Then I woke up, which is a shame.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Interesting! I wonder what archetypes those particular three represent in your unconscious :-) Or more likely there is something you feel stuck about? Just getting Jungian on you love,

Aunt Lo

Amanda said...

I was in the dream too, as an executive for Nutella (I should probably have said that) and I had no problem with the spoons or the hazelnuts :o) I had a spiffy white lab coat and everything.

Dakota said...

What a delightful dream!

Amanda said...

wasn't it? the whole thing was remarkably fun...