"the primary feeling that this world is strange and yet attractive is best expressed in fairy tales...We all owe much sound morality to the penny dreadfuls." - G.K. Chesterton
June 11, 2009
well, well...how but well?
This last week has been an extremely busy one. I've finally started at THF and it has been really nice so far (I even have a shiny new clip-on name tag with my picture on it. It's a little sad that this is the part of the job I was most excited about...driving into the employee parking lot involves flashing my card to the security guard; I feel so darn official!). I already know more about televisions than I ever thought I would need or want to know, and we've barely scratched the surface. I've been learning ARGUS, exploring storage and accessions-record rooms, geeking out about Eames chair prototypes and molds (!), getting to know some really interesting people, and tromping about in the rain (it rained from 9:30am to 11pm today. Wet feet all day: not. fun.). I'm getting used to the commute and my car is doing as well as I could possibly wish.
During the half of the week I'm at THF I stay with my grandmother, which means I don't really have internet access (dial-up doesn't count as "access," and I can't check my e-mail at work) so I'd been out of the loop until this evening. I got home from a lovely dinner with G to find that not only have Doli and I gotten the housing we wanted for next year, but our FinAid department has been absolutely incredible this time around. I really can't believe how good they are to me... *happysigh*
This weekend is already busy, but I'm going to try to find time to finish my assigned reading (for work) get to some of my fun reading, work on my blanket, cook some Indian food, and clean my room...right...wish me luck :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment