A Cautionary Tale:
It was dark.
I could see just fine,
but what the heck?
I decide to mess with my lights, I never really learned where my brights were.
-found them! huzzah!
the night is filled with false dawn. Road signs are shiny and new, trees electric green.
I can not turn them off.
- befuddled? should not the opposite motion for turning the lights on turn them off?
vehicle controls are supposed to be intuitive...right?
Other drivers coming over hills to meet me,
my bright lights offending them as the beams of our headlights meet
("like lightsabers" I would have thought if I had not been so distressed)
They flash their brights at me as they go by, blinding me on purpose
compacts, huge trucks, the wicked witch of the west on her bicycle
(newly equipped with a floodlight)
I fiddle frantically with the selector.
left turn? no!
right turn? No!
left turn? NO!
I swear, if another person flashes their lights at me
I am going to pull over and cry
(but my brights would still be on)
I mash at the selector, sheer desperation
and sore eyes
driving me to madness
the road in front of me dims
victory at last!
I have no idea how I did it
but I turned off my brights.
The moral of this story?
Don't mess with a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment