
"Dead men tell no tales. Or..."
I did this yesterday, in a Starbucks in Fairborn, Ohio. I didn't have internet access, so I am rather inordinately proud of the fact that I remembered how to do those stars without a reference. I've had the central image for a long time, it is one of my favorites from a HS trip to Italy (the other photo is mine as well). It is the side of a sarcophagus (dead man's chest. get it? yeah... sorry) in the --> Musei Capitolini <-- What you can't see in this crop is that the fellow is about to stab another woman through the stomach. I wish I knew the story. The Capatoline Museum has a really amazing collection, and almost no interpretation. Sometimes this is nice, sometimes it is frustrating...
(should I go back and give him the traditional "mom" heart tattoo, but with "SPQR" instead? hmmm...)
When we were in the Capatoline I got a bit ill, and one of the professor's wives took me up to the rooftop cafe to get some water. From up there we had a spectacular view of the city, especially the old forum area...
No comments:
Post a Comment