September 13, 2011

marriage and towel lint

I could, and probably should, gush for a bit about how lovely and perfect the wedding was, how much I love my husband, and so on and so forth. Yet, seeing as how I tend to prefer the mundane to the overtly romantic, I think I will talk about (or rather, complain about) towel lint.

I did my first thorough cleaning of the apartment on Saturday, and I think 99.5% of what I was picking up was (you guessed it!) towel lint. Now, we have nice towels, purchased off of our registry by some of my cousins, and I don't want to dislike them, but when there is lint on all the sinks, in the bathtub, stuck to the back of my neck, and under my fingernails, I take issue. I am hoping that a proper wash and dry (appliances arriving "sometime between 10 and 2" today) will fix the problem, because I can't go on like this.

The other "crisis" was running out of onion. I don't really know how to cook things that don't contain onion, so this constituted a major difficulty...for about a day...then we went to the grocery store....
(I said this would be mundane)

We spent quite a bit of time last week working on thank you notes (happy little postcards!). The sheer volume was overwhelming - in the amount of work to do, and in how much love and generosity was turned our way. Ya'all are the best.

No comments: