July 9, 2008

Last Sunday, instead of looking at my shoes...


...I should have replied with actual *words*.  What I meant by that foot-ward glance was this: "you are two of my best friends here, two of the people I miss the most when I'm gone, and most look forward to seeing when I'm home. You both ought to have figured out by now that I don't often suffer fools. And so, by the fact that I seek out your company, it should be clear that I consider you my equals.  Our conversations are always lively and, considering our severe political divisions (if two against one is a division :o) I'm glad we manage to talk at all.  While you both make a habit of being very flattering, the air is a bit thin up here on this pedestal and I'd like to either haul you up here with me for a bit of company, or spend more time on the ground, either option is fine by me.
"

I just didn't have the words at the time. 
 

As for your parting question dear, I still don't have an answer...is that alright?

No comments: